First announcement on the
14th ShanghaiInternational Symposium on Qigong Science
and FirstShanghaiTaiji Health Symposium
to be held inShanghai,China
from the 27th to the 29th of October 2017
on the theme of 'Taiji Health'
Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Organizer)
Shanghai TCMResearchInstituteTaijiHealthCenter (Organizing institution)
Shanghai Qigong Research Institute (Organizing institution)
Shanghai Health Qigong Association (Co-organizing institution)
Hebei MedicalQigongHospital (Co-organizing institution)
The event is aimed at promoting health for all human beings around the globe; spreading academic exchange of Chinese traditional Taiji and Qigong; improving the quality of Medical Qigong treatment; and broadening the scope of Qigong Science.
I. Program outline
1. Exchange of academic research on Taiji Health and Qigong Science
2. Teaching of Qigong and Taijiquan methods by renowned experts
3. Exchange of methods of Health Qigong
4. Exchange of methods from international guests
II. Call for paper submissions
1. Academic research on the philosophical theory of the Taiji (太极 supreme pole) notion, and on the theme of Taiji Health.
1.1 Taiji research in the framework of traditional Chinese culture
1.2 Research on the theory and literature of Taiji Health, Taiji methods, etc.
2. Medical Qigong clinical applications and research
2.1 Clinical experience reports on prevention and treatment of common diseases, senile diseases and other rare and complicated illnesses by Medical Qigong
2.2 Research of Medical Qigong clinical efficacy and mechanisms
3. Research on Health Qigong
3.1 Health Qigong theory and concept research
3.2 Health Qigong function and efficacy research
4. Laboratory research on modern Qigong experiments
4.1 research into the Qigong state
4.2 physiological, psychological, biochemical and immune effects in Qigong practice
4.3 biophysical and physical effects in Qigong
Paper submission guidelines:
1. Only one paper will be selected by each leading author.
2. Each paper generally can not be exceeded to 5000 printed characters in Chinese (around 3000 words in English).
3. The papers can be written in Chinese, Japanese or English. They must incorporate an abstract in Chinese and in English. The abstract can not be exceeded to 1000 printed characters in Chinese (around 600 words in English).
4. There are no specific requirements about the text format, but it must be printed clearly and attach the text document in electronic format.
5. If translation for the abstract is needed , 20 American dollars/piece should be paid in advance.
6. The unselected submission will not be returned.
7. Submission period: From the 1st of January 2017 to the 31st of July 2017. The submissions received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Please send to:
中国 上海市 宛平南路650号307室
650 Wanping South Road, Room 307.Shanghai,CHINA
III. Attendance fee
- International representatives: 1000 RMB/person
(the opening ceremony meal will be provided, academic paper compilation will be included, etc.)
- Chinese national representatives: 1000RMB/person
( the opening ceremony meal will be provided, academic paper compilation will be included, etc.)
- Accommodation, food and travel expenses shall be the responsibility of each participant.
IV. Registration procedures
Please fill in the registration form ( can be printed ) and send it to the Secretariat of the 14th Shanghai International Symposium on Qigong Science before the 31st of July 2017.
No.650Wanping South Road, Room 307.Shanghai,CHINA
Postal Code: 200030
Ms. Zhu竺老师 0086-21-64383936
(Symposium attendance inquiries)
Ms. Shang 尚老师 0086-21-64394141
(Paper submissions inquiries)
V. Taiji Health Training Courses
For providing you a better understanding of ¨Taiji Health¨, the organizing team will hold a series of Taiji Health Training Courses between the 25th and the 27th of October 2017 at Shanghai Qigong Research Institute. As follows:
1. Traditional Taiji culture and Taiji Health
2. Yangsheng Baduanjin (Eight Pieces of Brocade)
3. Simplified Taijiquan and Daoyin techniques
4. Fangsonggong (Relaxation Qigong), Yijinjing (Sinew-transformation Classic), Liuzijue (Six Healing Sounds), Huichungong (Return to Spring), meditation techniques, etc.
5. Individual Solution Course for domestic and overseas group.
14thShanghaiInternational Symposium on Qigong Science preparations team,
29th of June 2017